LONDON (Mar. 28, 2022) – SQUARE ENIX LTD and DeNA Co., Ltd. invites players to join in the Half Anniversary Celebration of DRAGON QUEST™ The Adventure of Dai: A Hero’s Bonds, the team action mobile RPG that has been downloaded more than five million times since launch. Based on the hit anime, DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, the game is a spin-off of the globally popular DRAGON QUEST series from SQUARE ENIX. To celebrate this momentous occasion, players will be treated to limited-time Half Anniversary Celebration bonuses and gifts, such as Blue Gems, Treasure Keys, and more.
Available today until April 9, 2022, players can enjoy the following celebratory content:
- Half Anniversary Celebration Login Bonus: Players will have access to a Half Anniversary Celebration Login Bonus that will give a variety of perks, such as up to 5 Half Anniversary Free x10 Treasure Keys, for up to a total of 50 Treasure Hunts. Other login bonuses include up to 3,000 Blue Gems and items that aid in progressing players’ teams such as Level-Up Challenge Tickets. Additionally, all players will also be gifted a further 5,000 Blue Gems as a celebratory present, meaning a total of 8,000 Blue Gems can be obtained simply by logging in to the game.
- Transform with Draconic Rage: Players will have the chance to obtain equipment for the Puff! special move, allowing them to momentarily transform into a dragon and deal massive damage! This can be obtained in the Illustrious Hero & Puff! Treasure Hunt.
- Train with the Illustrious Hero: In the new limited time-event Illustrious Hero’s Training, players can train alongside hero tutor Avan. Completing the event will grant access to a powerful new 4★ soul crystal Avan (Illustrious Hero), that can be used to power up players’ teams, as well as up to 30 Treasure Hunt Keys for the Illustrious Hero & Puff! Treasure Hunt.
- Become a Martial Artist: In addition to the previously available Hero, Warrior, Mage, and Priest vocations, players will now be able to change their customizable Luminary Leader to a new vocation; the Martial Artist. This agile fighter is a master of hand-to-hand combat and can unleash fierce close-range physical attacks.
Receive Welcome Gift and Rewards: A “Welcome Gift” of 6,000 Blue Gems is being distributed to all new players, which can be claimed within 30 days of logging into the game.
- Limited-Time 4★ Weapon Guaranteed Treasure Hunt: All players will have access to a special one-time Treasure Hunt that is guaranteed to give a powerful 4★ weapon at the cost of 300 Red Gems. This Treasure Hunt will only be available for the first 72 hours after first logging into the game during this campaign.
Additionally, all players will be able to participate in a Community Special Move Selection campaign that is being run via the official Twitter accounts. The campaign will be split into two phases and features a variety of popular special moves that were previously made available via in-game events and treasure hunts. Retweeting related posts will count as a vote towards the corresponding special move, and the most highly-voted for the special move from each phase, as well as it’s related 4★ weapon will both be gifted to all players, for a total of (2) special moves and (2) 4★ weapons.
Lastly, a regular VTuber show featuring members of the development team and the DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero’s Bonds’ official VTuber, Billy the man o’war, is now available to watch via the official Facebook pages. The latest episode, with an in-depth look at the new Martial Artist vocation, can be viewed here: https://fb.watch/bWeSHS682I/
For more information, please refer to the in-game announcements.
Facebook (EN): https://www.facebook.com/DQDaiHerosBonds
Facebook (FR): https://www.facebook.com/DQDaiHerosBondsFR
Facebook (TC): https://www.facebook.com/DQDaiHerosBondsTC
Official Website: https://dragonquest.com/DaiHerosBonds_en
About DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero's Bonds
In DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero's Bonds, players will experience the epic story of the anime DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, developed by The Adventure of Dai Project (a committee comprised of SHUEISHA,TV TOKYO Corporation, Toei Animation and SQUARE ENIX), with the animation produced by Toei Animation. Cooperative play will be available for up to three players to work together and strategize to take down the Dark Army on a three-lane battlefield. Players will need to observe their opponents moves and attacks to respond with the right counter-attack, dodge, or spell. Each character will have different roles, abilities, and special skills in a match. Characters, attacks, weapons, and equipment can also be upgraded and customized, providing for strategic RPG elements on top of in addition to the exciting action.
DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai the anime is available to watch on streaming services like Crunchyroll and Hulu. The show is based on the hugely popular Japanese original manga DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai (Story: Riku Sanjo, Art: Koji Inada, Supervisor: Yuji Horii), which was serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1989 to 1996. The series is now being published in 25 paperback volumes.
DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai: A Hero’s Bonds is now available on the App Store® and Google Play™ as a free-to-start game with in-app purchases on compatible iOS and Android devices. The game is available in English, French, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese.
About the Anime DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai
At one time, the world was suffering under Dark Lord Hadlar. That is, until peace was won back by a hero swordsman and his companions...
Time has passed... Monsters liberated from under the Dark Lord now live on Dermline, a solitary island in the south seas.
A boy named Dai is the only human on the island. He wants to become a hero, and he's been living in peace with the monsters.
But his life is transformed when Dark Lord Hadlar is resurrected.
A promise to a mentor; encounters with companions; an unescapable destiny...
Young Dai begins his adventure to become a hero, and to save a world once again in crisis!
Visit https://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-quest-the-adventure-of-dai to watch!
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) aims to entertain and to serve through our businesses, under our mission to delight people beyond their wildest dreams. DeNA has cultivated expertise and insight in internet and AI technology, and engages in both internet services and businesses in real spaces. Forming alliances with business partners is also a key core competence for DeNA. DeNA’s major business areas are in mobile games, sports, live streaming, healthcare, and automotive. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo and has over 2,000 employees. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal®. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 164 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
# # #
©SANJO RIKU, INADA KOJI/ SHUEISHA, The Adventure of Dai Project
© 2021, 2022 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 DeNA Co.,Ltd.
CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies.